This article introduces the Top Holders ranking list and how to use it.
The Top Holders list ranks leading cryptocurrency addresses based on the number of tokens held or traded by holders.
Like the Bitcoin-rich list, you can find the cryptocurrency addresses holding the most Bitcoins and their holding amounts.
How can I use it?
The Top Holders can be a fundamental indicator of whale/Smart Money alerts for Alpha traders.
1. Choose a cryptocurrency
Candlestick supports 200,000+ tokens.
- Log in to select the token you want to check.
- Click the drop-down list on the left sidebar to find a target token.
- Select Metric Group – Holders and click Top Holders to see the balance ranking of this token you chose.
2. Understand the table
The table illustrates the top 100 wallet addresses ranking according to the balances of the token you are checking. Information you can get from the table includes token amount balances, the percentage of balances in the total supply, changes in absolute value, and the percentage of changes.
- By clicking arrows near the column heading, you can rank these addresses based on different data series.
- By setting the period in the upper left corner, you can reorganize your data by day or seven days.
Ranking this list by changes, you can figure out those wallet addresses with recent significant token balance changes.
To combine the Top Holders list and the Token Balance Distribution chart, you will understand whether the balance changes of these top holders’ addresses will largely affect the token price.
For example, suppose the Token Balance Distribution chart shows that 5% of the holders control over 90% of the tokens. In that case, you should closely monitor the Top Holders as these top holders’ buy/sell action can easily affect the token price.